New Jersey, United States
Work with our Supplier Partners to find reliable solutions that will give Berlin Packaging a competitive advantage in the market place.
- Project Management & Sourcing
- Work with Sales and the project team to understand upcoming projects and identify potential sources of supply
- Obtain pricing from qualified sources of Supply and organize information to present to Sales team
- Focus on creating supplier relationships that offer a mutually beneficial partnership.
Cost Reduction / Margin Enhancement
- Active in cost reduction initiatives within the branch. Analyze spend and identify margin enhancement opportunities.
- Evaluate supplier quotations and develop negotiation strategies focused on improving our competitive position in the market place.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and other contractual issues with suppliers
- Leverage volume to provide cost-effective solutions while maintaining acceptable inventory levels
- Facilitate the escalation process in order to meet customer needs
- Effectively manage supplier performance by developing and implementing appropriate long term corrective actions
- Actively develop and communicate Supplier strategies to the branch
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 3 to 7 years of experience in procurement and supply chain within a distribution and or manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- C.P.M. certified a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of Rigid Packaging Products is preferred
- Excellent communication and strong negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to conduct results based negotiations
- Ability to proactively address issues and deploy effective problem solving techniques that address root cause issues
- Decision-Making: Strong decision-maker with the ability to consider all alternatives and options and quickly implement appropriates action
Leadership: Provide leadership consistent with Berlin’s culture and business plans
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to develop strong working relationships throughout Berlin and its supply base.
Working Environment: Office environment.