If Excellence Drives You, This Is Your Destination
The Maintenance Manager role manages maintenance resources, equipment and materials according to established procedures, specifications, internal customer requirements and goals.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Act as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities. Work in conjunction with the EHS Manager to establish and maintain all policies and programs to assure a safe working environment.
- Assist in the specification for production equipment and the selection, purchase and installation into the plant.
- Monitor contractor safety performance and, when assigned, coordinates contractor activities.
- Monitor spare parts and supply minimum and maximums to ensure a just-in-time inventory is maintained and obsolete parts are recommended for obsolescence in a timely manner.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and in good working condition by scheduling timely and routine preventative maintenance to improve equipment reliability.
- Manage activities and maintenance of grounds, building and parking lots.
- Develop and outlines a program of continuous improvement for the maintenance department including the PM program.
- Ensure the security, fire, and emergency systems are fully operational, routinely tested, and inspected.
- Review and sign all invoices, and approve purchase orders for the maintenance department/projects.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring facility utilities and implementing energy saving initiatives.
- Act and perform as an interface between maintenance, manufacturing, contractors and engineering.
- Schedule internal maintenance work orders and coordinate with outside vendors, understanding internal limitations and securing outside expertise
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, establish priorities and conduct annual performance appraisals
- Promote a strong safety culture and demonstrates adherence to all Environmental, Heath and Safety policies and procedures
- Demonstrate and foster Bemis Core Values and actively contributes to a high performance culture
- Facilitate and enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Meet or exceed plant business plan and KPI’s
- Integrate WCOM initiatives into the culture of the Plant
WHAT WE VALUE
- Industrial mechanical, electrical, pneumatic operations knowledge and process resolutions with ability to identify needed resources
- Preventative maintenance administration with an ability to enhance current systems
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Strong organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and execute projects
- Ability to troubleshoot in a plastics processing environment preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills to include MS Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD or equivalents
- Strong supervisory skills to lead projects and department personnel
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or engineering field is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 1 years of previous supervisory experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in facility maintenance within a manufacturing environment is required
Bemis is committed to its core values: Ethics, Accountability, Innovation, and Respect. By becoming an employee at Bemis Company, Inc., you will work in a high performing environment where team members collaborate to get the job done, challenge the status quo to find a better way, and embrace unconventional ways of thinking. We are eager to see how you can make an impact in our high performance culture.
Bemis Company, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.