Angleboard-Blue Ridge Plastics, a division of Signode Industrial Group, has an opportunity for an experienced mechanic to join our team. The successful candidate must have a *safety-first- mindset, be a self-motivated technical professional working with the maintenance team to support the operation, and provide customer service to all plant employees. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting and repair of a wide range of industrial equipment, and for the installation of mechanical equipment and utility services for new equipment and for equipment relocated and upgraded. The ideal candidate will ensure that the plant and equipment are maintained at the highest performance level and will strive to minimize cost, energy usage, and waste in accordance with corporate policies and health and safety regulations. This individual will possess excellent interpersonal skills and will interact and function effectively as an integral part of the Safety, Production, Quality, and Maintenance team here at Angleboard-Blue Ridge.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experienced in all industrial safe practices, including Electrical, Lock Out/Tag Out. Will make safety first priority in all activities
- Working knowledge of all basic industrial mechanical components and systems such as bearings, mechanical drive systems and components, gear boxes, pumps, valves, compressors, blowers, and other hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Ability to read and interpret pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical schematics and drawings, manuals, and set-up procedures. Basic understanding of electrical drawings
- Can safely operate machine tools - drill press, power saw, pipe threader, etc.
- Able to dismantle, repair, rebuild, clean, adjust, and calibrate mechanical components and systems and return them to operators
- Experience in operation, troubleshooting, repair, and installation of pneumatic and hydraulic piping and associated control components
- Able to determine the most effective method to make repairs to production equipment and support systems to minimize the interruption of operation. Will advise the supervisor when equipment is in need of immediate attention to prevent damage to the equipment and/or prevent problems with quality with the finished product
- Experience in inspecting and assessing equipment for defects such as misalignment , wear, insufficient lubrication and misadjustment, and can perform repair and adjustment
- Ability to install and align motors, gearboxes, and other equipment. Able to perform basic rigging procedures on a wide range of equipment
- Experience and training in basic welding and metal cutting skills. Able to perform basic metal fabrication
- Proven track record in working effectively within and integrated production and maintenance environment
- Basic working knowledge of electrical controls and drives
- Proficiency at performing and reporting out on assigned PM’s on equipment/systems
- Able to identify and request parts, supplies, and tooling needed for repairs and to replenish maintenance inventory
- Other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications and Education
- High School Education or equipment required
- Five years of experience with continuous operation production lines, working within an industrial environment
- Training and experience with electrical safe practices such as Lock Out/Tag Out
- Working knowledge of basic computer software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Solid record of functioning as an effective team member within a continuous operation production environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to issue reports and updates
- Experience and training in utilizing powered equipment such as forklifts and aerial platform lifts
This position requires standing, lifting up to 50 pounds, climbing steps and ladders, and working in a production environment. Use of company provided PPE is required including but not limited to: safety glasses, hearing protection, and steel toed safety shoes.
Signode Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.