Hospitality Sales Manager
Sonesta ES Suites is a surprisingly different and welcoming extended stay hotel brand where guests can easily relax, get some work done and hang out in our local community. We work hard to build meaningful relationships with our colleagues and guests. Every Sonesta ES Suites team member plays an important role in our guest experience; therefore we invest in the personal and professional growth of all associates. We are part of the Sonesta International Hotels Corporation with 25 US-based and 31 International hotels and cruises. If you are a creative people person and want to have some fun at work, then look no further.
Sonesta’s Sales Manager (SM) executes the sales strategy of the hotel, as defined by the Director of Sales, to ensure that occupancy, average daily rate and market share goals are achieved. This includes creating and implementing specific account and/or segment based sales strategies and tactical plans. Production results will be monitored and adjusted to current market conditions to stay nimble and react advantageously to competitors. The SM will work directly with the DOS and the Regional leadership team to identify specific extended stay strategies and tactics to drive revenue according to the hotel’s seasonal demand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure great guest experience within the hotel.
- Develop new accounts, maintain existing accounts, and implement sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for the market while maintain guest satisfaction. Develop and maintain relationship with key client in order to produce extended stay room sales.
- Independently create and implement hotel-level tactical sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, and increase business volume during off-peak periods. Monitor sales activities and performance to ensure actual sales exceed the established revenue plan.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and sales goals.
- Create sales plans and analyze market data to maximize sales revenue in the market.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Previous sales experience required, preferably hotel sales.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Opera and Automated Sales Systems preferred.
- Ability to travel including some overnight travel is required.
- Valid driver's license required.