Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities
- people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Strategy & Operations
Executable strategy requires fusing insightful thinking with disciplined execution to achieve breakthrough performance. Today, senior executives grapple with attaining profitable growth, strategically managing costs and intelligently navigating risk. Such challenges require more than identifying new possibilities and making tough choices. They also require bridging the gap between vision and execution http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_US/us/Insights/Browse-by-Content-Type/Case- Studies/Strategy-Operations-Case-Studies/index.htm
Our Strategy and Operations teams bring deep industry experience, http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_US/us/Industries/index.htm, rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to our clients' most complex business problems. Our strategy capabilities span corporate and business unit strategy, M&A strategy, and sales and marketing. Our operational capabilities reflect the unique issues facing manufacturing organizations, service businesses and infrastructure operations. These are joined with capabilities in finance, performance management and business restructuring.
Our professionals are aligned with an S&O service line to promote the development of deep functional skills & experiences and to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
Our Finance service line focuses on the needs of the CFO and the Finance function. We help CFOs drive value for their organizations through improved decision making, finance controllership and corporate governance. The Finance service line serves clients using three main channels: Finance Strategy, Integrated Performance Management and Finance Operations.
Finance Strategy focuses on transformation improvements in finance, including processes, organization, and technology. This includes finance visioning and road map development, finance cost reduction, finance competency and organization design, and finance shared services and F&A outsourcing strategy development.
• Integrated Performance Management
IPM focuses on improving an organization's decision-making processes. This includes improving planning, budgeting and forecasting, performance scorecards, management reporting and analytics, consolidation, financial reporting, and finance information strategy.
Finance Operations assists clients with improving financial processes such as order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, record-to-report, treasury and cash management, and other core financial processes.
- Senior Consultants will synthesize overall strategy by analyzing a wide variety of solutions, selecting the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, or complex financial analysis, and interpreting and reporting on outputs.
- Senior Consultants will participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
- Senior Consultants will also design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years consulting/and or industry experience or an MBA with 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Ability to travel 100% required.
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will also have the following preferred skills:
- Ability to work independently; lead small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree is preferred.