Mortgage Loan Originator - Community Banks
Illinois, United States
Wintrust Mortgage is not like other mortgage providers. For us, it’s not just about products and price. It’s about service. Service to our customers and our community. Whether you’re buying your first home or refinancing Wintrust Mortgage is your calm, clear, and experienced guide through the mortgage process.
Wintrust Mortgage was created to assist in the realization of the American dream of home ownership. Since its founding in 1981, Wintrust Mortgage has weathered the ever-changing real estate market. As a full-service federally-chartered lender with offices located across the country, Wintrust Mortgage is dedicated to providing customers with a wide range of mortgage products. To compliment the basic Conventional, FHA, and VA Programs, Wintrust Mortgage is positioned to meet the needs of the continually evolving mortgage market. Wintrust Mortgage is part of Wintrust Financial Corporation, a well-capitalized, diverse and financial services company.
As the Loan Originator, primary responsibilities include:
- Use interpersonal and communication skills to generate referral business, leads and relationship with individuals, existing clients, past clients and Real Estate professionals.
- Participate in training for marketing, sales, and scenario techniques to effectively sell, package, and close consumer mortgage.
- Take thorough and complete loan applications; analyze and prequalify applicant information to determine viability of the client’s desired loan program.
- Pull and analyze credit and compare for accuracy with the borrower’s statements.
- Provide guidance and information relevant to the risks and benefits of each program the applicant is qualified for.
- Effectively communicate the terms of each product and ensure all documents necessary are signed by the borrower.
- Provide the loan package to the loan processor for review. Work with the loan processor to provide any additional documentation as necessary and required by underwriting to clear conditions and close the loan.
- High School or equivalent degree.
- Must meet all NMLS requirements.
- Must have superior interpersonal, organizational, communication (both written and oral), and telephone etiquette skills.
- Must be a self starter, motivated, energetic, with excellent time-management skills.
- Minimum of 3 years mortgage banking experience.
- Mortgage Builder experience preferred.