The online business and growth engine of Berlin Packaging is building a team of high-performing entrepreneurs who thrive on working at a fast-paced, results-oriented and dynamic organization. The culture is one of work-hard and play-hard, start-up atmosphere with the backing of a billion dollar, twenty-year-old commercial container manufacturer
The Web Developer role responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to established specifications. The ideal candidate must a keen ability to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. This role will report to the Director of Application and work closely with the E-Commerce Team, various stakeholders, and members of the executive management team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases utilizes 3 party API's
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends
- Collaborate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Manage multiple priorities to meet project deadlines
- BA/BS in computer science or similar discipline, equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years’ experience with website development, especially E-Commerce sites
- Experience with NodeJS, ReactJS, AngularJS
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services including but not limited to REST, SOAP, JSON, etc.
- Experienced working with cross-browser compatibility, Web User Interface Design, Security Principles, Object-Oriented Design, and Multimedia Content Development
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications
- Experienced in agile methodologies and working closely with the user community desired
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- MUST be located in Chicago, IL area to be considered
- MUST be US Citizen or Green Card holder to be considered
In return, we are prepared to offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package including a 401(k) with company match, a casual work environment, and a quarterly bonus based on the growth and profits your operation generates!