The online business and growth engine of Berlin Packaging is building a team of high-performing entrepreneurs who thrive on working at a fast-paced, results-oriented and dynamic organization. The culture is one of work-hard and play-hard, start-up atmosphere with the backing of a billion dollar, twenty-year-old commercial container manufacturer.
The Programmer Analyst position will execute all aspects of the development lifecycle for the Online Business suite of applications including support, enhancements, new development, and implementation of delivered functionality. The Programmer Analyst will bring knowledge of the latest technology trends and able to work in team settings. Additional, the ideal candidate will bring functional and technical knowledge of warehouse and distribution processes including order management, billing, inventory and manufacturing.
- Develops and documents solutions for Berlin’s Online Business, including: interfaces between the website and the OrderPower! ERP system or other web-based systems, interactive and batch programs and reports, and database tables.
- Participates in business analysis and requirements gathering with the end user community
- Serves as a key resource in system testing and debugging, ensuring that all system changes are adequately unit tested prior to turning them over to the user community
- Provides application support including: handling user questions and queries, investigating and solving system problems, and providing on-call support services.
- Support other non-Online Business-related applications as appropriate
Required Skills and Education
- Requires a BA/BS in computer science or similar discipline, or equivalent education and experience
- 2-5 years of experience with the RPG language on IBM i, preferably new development in RPG/free but with some exposure to maintenance of older programs and to previous versions of RPG
- Experience with IBM Cast-iron middleware and Cast-iron Studio development tool would be a plus
- Experience working with an Eclipse-based SDK and other development tools and applications, including SQL, change management, and ad hoc reporting
- Functional and technical knowledge of Warehouse and Distribution processes.
- Knowledge of Order Management, Billing, Inventory, and Manufacturing are strong pluses.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet project deadlines
- Above average attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team with a can-do mindset
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
- This job may require occasional work from home or in a warehouse
- Travel Requirements – Less than 10%
In return, we are prepared to offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package including a 401(k) with company match, a casual work environment, and a quarterly bonus based on the growth and profits your operation generates! If you are interested in making the most of your capabilities, we invite you to apply online and attach a PDF Resume