The online business and growth engine of Berlin Packaging is building a team of high-performing entrepreneurs who thrive on working at a fast-paced, results-oriented and dynamic organization. The culture is one of work-hard and play-hard, start-up atmosphere with the backing of a billion dollar, twenty-year-old commercial container manufacturer.
The Programmer Analyst position will execute all aspects of the development lifecycle for the Online Business suite of applications including support, enhancements, new development, and implementation of delivered functionality. The Programmer Analyst will bring knowledge of the latest technology trends and able to work in team settings. Additional, the ideal candidate will bring functional and technical knowledge of warehouse and distribution processes including order management, billing, inventory and manufacturing.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and document applications programing interfaces (APIs) between the web-based systems and OrderPower, an off-the-shelf order management and eCommerce software package
- Participate and/or lead in business analysis and the requirements gathering process with the end user community
- Serves as a key resource in system testing and debugging, ensuring that all system changes are unit tested prior to production
- Provides application support including responding to user inquiries, investigating and solving system problems, and providing on-call support services
- Manage multiple priorities to meet project deadlines
- BA/BS in computer science or similar discipline, equivalent work experience
- Training and experience with SDLC methodologies including Agile or Iterative
- 2-5 years’ experience with RPG programming language on IBM i
- Software development experience in RPG/free as well as legacy RPG versions
- Experience with IBM Cast Iron middleware and Cast Iron Studio development a plus
- Experience with Eclipse-based software development kits and other development tool and applications including SQL and ad hoc reporting
- Travel between the Chicago and Lisle office will be required and will vary
- Additional travel to other Berlin facilities may be required but would not exceed 10%