Director of Application Development
The online business and growth engine of Berlin Packaging is building a team of high-performing entrepreneurs who thrive on working at a fast-paced, results-oriented and dynamic organization. The culture is one of work-hard and play-hard, start-up atmosphere with the backing of a billion dollar, twenty-year-old commercial container manufacturer.
The Director of Online Applications position must bring a broad knowledge of current technologies, proven track record of driving change, and a keen ability to lead a team of highly skilled software developers and business analysts. Working closely with the executive leadership team including the VP and General Manager of the Online Business, the Chief Information Officer and other senior executives, the Director of Online Applications will lead the development and deployment of a leading-edge suite of applications, that will serve as the foundation for robust eCommerce enablement and acceleration.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Architect, develop, and support scalable application environment including CRM (customer relationship management), D2C (direct-to-consumer), BI (business intelligence), and PIM (product information management)
- Develop strategy and drive execution of short and long-term plans for the Online Business application portfolio in support of the division’s future growth requirements
- Direct the application development team, provide career development guidance and support, and conduct regular performance evaluations
- Establish and enforce of SDLC (software development life cycle) methodology; standards for security compliance; protection of intellectual property and customer privacy; and development of Sarbanes-Oxley compliant documentation, procedures and associated training plans
- Manage and negotiate contracts with vendors, outsourced service providers, and external contractors to secure products and services
- Assure appropriate licensing and upgrade plans exist for all applications
- BA/BS in computer science or similar discipline, equivalent work experience, MBA a plus
- Training and experience with SDLC methodologies including Agile or Iterative
- Minimum 5 years successful leadership of a high-performance application team
- Broad base knowledge of application areas in eCommerce, CRM, ERP, and reporting
- Track record with successful project management and business case development
- Experienced in change management with strong interpersonal and communication skills