Claims Review OP Clinician - Chicago based
The healthcare team is looking for an RHIT or other healthcare professional with outpatient documentation, coding, and/or charging experience integrated with the knowledge and experience of teaming with various hospital stakeholders to improve processes, measurement tools, and resources for the accurate capture of Outpatient revenue and compliance with industry rules and regulations. This role will:
- Play a key role and have heavy involvement in overall client interaction and satisfaction
- Partner with clients in all phases of Outpatient CDI and Charging engagements to assist them to succeed.
- Focus on reviewing claims data and conducting chart reviews across key outpatient service lines to assist in evaluating the current documentation, coding and charging opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in multiple engagements with strong teamwork and time management required.
The candidate must have deep understanding and contributions in the area of outpatient documentation, coding, and/or charging. These contributions should be definable, and illustrate value. Position is based out of the Chicago office and may require limited travel to client sites as needed.
- Degree from an accredited college/university
- Three or more years of experience in a provider setting or in consulting/professional services. Healthcare focus on: Outpatient documentation, coding, and/or charging and relative issues is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to team effectively with people of various disciplines and backgrounds is essential
- Experience/knowledge of regulatory compliance issues facing the healthcare industry is a plus
- Competent in Microsoft suite of business software, specifically Excel and PowerPoint