Application Developer Role
As an Application Developer at Claro Healthcare, you will work with healthcare providers (hospitals and health systems) throughout the country on financial and operational improvement, as well as improve the processes and systems that evaluate the quality of care delivered. You will gain exposure to large academic medical centers and small community hospitals, while working in an industry that represents the largest portion of our nation’s expenditures and one that is front and center in the national conversation.
Our standards of professionalism are rigorous. You will be expected to work both independently and as part of a team. You will also be expected to exhibit sound judgment while solving problems, prioritize and demonstrate attention to detail in your work, and be flexible when new information is introduced into the client or team situation. We are looking for professionals who are dedicated to producing high quality work product, developing strong client relationships, and are committed to their work.
The Application Developer Experience
We provide world-class solutions for complex business problems faced by the world's most respected hospitals and health systems and government agencies.
Claro Healthcare offers a series of products and services within the healthcare industry, targeted to help healthcare organizations improve performance and survive in a value-based purchasing environment. Our products help improve operational and billing processes, driving incremental financial improvement and helping improve quality of care for our clients. In support of ongoing product development and quality assurance, this individual would be responsible for development, extension, testing, and maintenance of healthcare focused, client facing applications.
Our work provides our professionals with exceptional experience and opportunities including but not limited to:
- Act as the technical application developer and perform quality assurance on multiple projects simultaneously
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business model and technology that supports the client applications
- Work on full lifecycle projects from requirements gathering through design, testing, implementation and rollout
- Develop highly interactive custom web and mobile front-ends as well as full desktop applications, both cloud hosted and locally installed
- Work on client facing applications, including maintenance and minor enhancements on production application platforms in addition to new custom application development
- Installation, configuration, upgrade, and content management of remote hosted web-based application and interfaces
- Serve as the escalation point for questions and complex issue resolution
- Work with client management and provide written and oral status updates; facilitate and lead meetings in both a project and escalated incident setting
- Candidate will be required to provide documentation and be able to clearly translate technical development changes to the entire team.
- Collaborating with highly-experienced senior colleagues, every day
The Application Developer Qualifications
- BS/BA in computer science, business, or related field
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience and familiarity building scalable APIs using standard Microsoft .NET software development tools, languages, and frameworks such as C#, Visual Studio 2015, ASP.NET Web API, Git or TFS, WCF, MVC and Azure Cloud Services, Azure VM’s) solid software engineering skills and experience with the following competencies: .NET framework (ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, or ADO.NET)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and well-honed SQL skills; ability to create relational data models, create and adjust complex views and stored procedures, and perform quality control testing using SQL
- Experience with web services (SOAP/XML, RPC/HTTP, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience working with cloud environments (ie Microsoft Azure)
- Ability to build and maintain effective and positive relationships with clients and team members.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills, organizational skills, critical thinking, written and verbal communication skills, and customer service skills
- Excellent teamwork, organizational, communication, documentation, and multitasking skills
- Excellent self-learner with high aptitude to acquire and learn new technology skills