The Software Engineer position at Berlin Packaging is integral to all aspects of development lifecycle, including business requirements gathering/analysis, providing technical support for various systems and platforms, building enhancements to our platforms, and implementation of delivered functionality.
The Software Engineer develops and documents new solutions for Berlin Packaging applications including web pages, platform interfaces, databases, and web service integrations with 3rd parties.
- Define and document business requirements from stakeholders and translate to technical requirements.
- Build on and create new best practices in coding and UX design standards.
- Serves as a key resource in system testing and debugging, ensuring all system changes are adequately unit tested prior to turning them over to the user community.
- Be the subject matter expert for all web platform applications and participate in cross-functional teams in an agile way.
- Drive consistent delivery of product to our end users.
- Fulfill employee portion of the “Berlin Values”.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize projects.
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet project deadlines
- Above average attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Can-do mindset
- Extensive experience integrating with 3rd Party XML-based SOAP and Restful API’s.
- E-commerce platform experience such as BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Shopify, etc
- Experience working with Saleforce and Pardot.
- Working knowledge of mobile application development including Swift, Objective-C, and/or Java.
- Experience in an PeopleSoft ERP environment a plus
- History of consistent software delivery with a focus on quality and consistency
- Corporate Headquarters with limited travel – Less than 10%
- FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
- Bonus Eligible: Corporate Improshare
- Bonus Eligible: WINGS