Location: Southeast region – Remote or Virtual
Preferred locations in Nashville, Atlanta or Charlotte
Top Performance Equals Top Pay!
Nixon Power Systems is the Southeast’s largest full-service organization dedicated exclusively to the sale, rental, distribution, service, and technical support of premium stand-by and prime power generation equipment, parts, and accessories.
Nixon’s long-term dedication to superior service and solutions to our customer’s comprehensive power needs is evidenced by our historic growth rate and repeated selection as GE Jenbacher’s “Distributor of the Year” award.
If you are an experienced industrial sales engineer who has a track record of consistent top performance, strong technical know-how and large project success, we want to talk to you. This rewarding career opportunity involves representing and selling an industry-leading GE power generation solution in the ever-growing energy sector and be compensated for top performance.
- Identify new business and emerging market segments. Develop a strategic business plan to position and sell Nixon products and services.
- Analyze, seek, nurture and create strategic relationships with key companies and procurement avenues.
- Research and identify each critical market segment’s needs and develop a value proposition to leverage the Nixon value package.
- Ensure advantageous market position and relationships through strategic research, marketing and industry related shows.
- Create specifications, price quotations, viability analysis, etc.
- Work closely with GE Gas Engines to understand GE Jenbacher’s value package and maximize the use of their resources and knowledge. Support and lead Nixon’s response to GE required sales metrics and CRM use.
- Assist in resolving problems in project and/or application design where applicable.
- Request and coordinate service and engineering department assistance as needed. Work closely with these departments to assist with customer relationships and expectations.
- Manage and grow strategic relationships with architects, engineers, contractors, and end users.
- 2-5 years of business development experience in industrial products and services. Previous power generator sales and technical experience preferred.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and strong technical acumen.
- Experience and knowledge of energy project development, funding, design and construction processes.
- Ability to self-start, work without supervision, exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Attention to detail, including the ability to develop markets to meet customer’s expectation and appropriately position the product.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize activities.
- Significant interpersonal communication skills and team-building capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial preferred)